TAMPA (WFLA) – 8 On Your Side has learned 21 patients at Gulf Shore Rehab are being moved to area hospitals.
According to Craig Hare with Pinellas County EMS and County Administrator Barry Burton, the patients are COVID-19 positive but are asymptomatic.
“The 911 system tonight is pretty busy, so these will be routine transports that we’ll take out of the facility,” Hare said.
On Monday, 15 patients were evacuated from St. Pete Nursing and Rehab and Gulf Shore Rehab.
“As the tests clear, we are now working with the department of health and the facilities to move people out to make sure we’re not spreading COVID-19 further through the facility,” Hare said.
Hare says all the individuals who tested were patients, no staff members have tested positive for COVID-19.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Gov. Cuomo orders all travelers to New York to get tested for coronavirus
- Florida coronavirus: Percent positive nears 8%
- US shatters daily COVID record with nearly 100,000 new cases
- Rate of new home construction rises, creates new opportunities for workers amidst pandemic
- U.S. COVID-19 cases surge past 9 million