PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Two Pinellas County nursing homes had 15 people evacuated and taken to local hospitals after testing positive for the coronavirus.
According to Pinellas County Administrator Barry Burton, the 15 positive patients were from St. Pete Nursing and Rehab and Gulf Shore Rehab in Pinellas Park.
Burton says the Department of Health and the Agency for Healthcare Administration are working at the facilities regarding infection control and testing.
The Long-Term Care Task Force notified county commissioners by email, following a call today to discuss the two facilities earlier in the day.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Florida coronavirus: State adds 8,109 cases, 212 deaths
- Ohio UPS store owner personally drives package to Florida to ensure on-time delivery
- Dog dies from coronavirus complications, NC health officials say
- New Zealand scrambles to find source of new virus infections
- Dr Pepper is the latest pandemic shortage