DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (WESH) — There was a traffic nightmare Monday morning to get a COVID-19 vaccine near Daytona Stadium. It was caused as people tried to camp overnight to secure a spot for the vaccine.
To ensure that did not happen again Tuesday morning, the gates of Daytona Stadium opened at 6:15 p.m. Monday to allow up to 1,000 people to park in the parking lot overnight, instead of on the side of the road.
According to the City of Daytona Beach, the vaccination site at Daytona Stadium reached capacity at 6:45 a.m. Tuesday morning, proving that the demand for a vaccine remains high, as it was on Monday.
LATEST STORIES ON WFLA.COM:
- Bay County Republican Party won’t acknowledge Biden win
- Disney World stops selling new annual park passes
- Ex-Florida data scientist Rebekah Jones released on $2,500 bond
- More than 40,000 in Florida overdue for 2nd dose of coronavirus vaccine
- Florida police looking for road-raging bikers who beat driver with wrench, helmets