(CNN) —The coronavirus has claimed the lives of 10 people at a nursing home in Georgia.
Pruitt-Health Grandview announced the deaths on Tuesday, and said they happened over the past few weeks at a facility in Athens.
The company said it’s only allowing essential personnel inside of the building where the outbreak happened.
Grandview also said it’s operating an alert code red status and has been following infectious disease protocols.
Georgia has recorded 9,156 cases of coronavirus. 19 people have died.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- St. Pete protests remain peaceful following night of remembrance for Breonna Taylor and George Floyd
- Protest organizers refuse to let instigators get violent in Tampa
- Joe Biden formally clinches Democratic presidential nomination
- Florida family of 4 killed following plane crash in Georgia
- Hernando County protests remain peaceful despite counter-protesters