(CNN) —The coronavirus has claimed the lives of 10 people at a nursing home in Georgia.
Pruitt-Health Grandview announced the deaths on Tuesday, and said they happened over the past few weeks at a facility in Athens.
The company said it’s only allowing essential personnel inside of the building where the outbreak happened.
Grandview also said it’s operating an alert code red status and has been following infectious disease protocols.
Georgia has recorded 9,156 cases of coronavirus. 19 people have died.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- WATCH: Pelosi thanks George Floyd for ‘sacrificing’ his life for justice
- Florida’s new laws: Anti-riot, internet sales tax, state law enforcement radios, trust fund bills signed by Gov. DeSantis
- Breakthrough Medical Treatment for E.D. – No Pills, No Injections
- Try the 10-Minute Challenge and Reduce Under Eye Bags!
- Ted Cruz says Biden’s comments could mean Chauvin walks away free on mistrial