(CNN) — The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has linked red onions to a multi-state outbreak of salmonella.
Almost 400 people in 31 states have gotten sick.
Bakersfield, California-based Thompson International, Inc. is the likely source of the infected onions.
The company says it is recalling all varieties of onions due to the risk of cross-contamination.
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says the first cases of salmonella were reported between June 19 and July 11.
The FDA is still investigation the outbreak.
- Brosseau’s leadoff HR sparks Rays in 8-2 rout of Red Sox
- Leigh’s runcast: Extra electrolytes to replace nutrients lost in sweat
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Scattered downpours develop this afternoon
- Tampa youth soccer coach remembered after battle with COVID-19
- 9-year-old boy rescued after falling into creek