TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Fern Rabil is a dedicated volunteer at Trinity Cafe in Tampa. She serves the homeless and food insecure not just during the holidays, but year round.
“It’s so much more than serving food.”, said Fern Rabil.
Fern also takes time to get to know the clients at Trinity as though they are family, and realizes that anyone’s life can take a turn for the worse.
“Much of the community is just one paycheck away from having to make decisions like medicine and food, or gas in my car and eating.”, said Rabil
She hopes her story of service will inspire others to sign up to serve this holiday season and beyond.
- US warship captain seeks crew isolation as virus spreads
- Florida mom shoots intruder climbing through window
- Should you wear mask in public if not sick with coronavirus?
- Russia sends plane loaded with medical supplies to the U.S.
- NFL teams rely on tape with virus altering pre-draft routine