TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Fern Rabil is a dedicated volunteer at Trinity Cafe in Tampa. She serves the homeless and food insecure not just during the holidays, but year round.
“It’s so much more than serving food.”, said Fern Rabil.
Fern also takes time to get to know the clients at Trinity as though they are family, and realizes that anyone’s life can take a turn for the worse.
“Much of the community is just one paycheck away from having to make decisions like medicine and food, or gas in my car and eating.”, said Rabil
She hopes her story of service will inspire others to sign up to serve this holiday season and beyond.
- Celebrity Chef Judi Gallagher cooks Pasta Lentils Mushroom on BLOOM
- Pandemic leads to back pain
- Florida unemployment failures ‘unrelated to our work,’ claims vendor behind state’s online benefits system
- Papa John’s former CEO says he’s been ‘working to get rid of the N-word’ in his vocabulary
- Tampa dad charged with kidnapping for bringing son to Lebanon enters plea deal