TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Are you a thrill-seeker looking to do some good?
Big Brothers Big Sisters is hosting a high-flying fundraiser that’s not for the faint of heart.
The youth mentoring program is looking for 76 people to “rappel for a cause” down 17 stories of the Hilton Tampa Downtown.
No rappelling or climbing experience is required. There will be professionals there to provide the training and equipment needed for the event.
The event takes place on Aug. 22.
- Rays rookie Randy Arozarena stands alone in MLB record books with 23rd postseason hit
- Prosecutors: Florida man lied to get virus relief money
- First COVID-19 treatment approved by FDA studied early on during pandemic at Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- Local hospitalized man racks up bills on stolen truck trapped in tow yard, family says company won’t budge on price
- Questions remain on if, how COVID-19 impacts the human heart