TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – It’s a challenging time in the Tampa Bay area and so many people are seeking help – or looking for ways to help.
That’s why 8’s Army is partnering with Feeding Tampa Bay to help fill its food bank at Hillsborough Community Count
With your help, we hit our fundraising goal of $100,000 on Friday. We were at $88,000 around 4:30 p.m., just shy of our goal. An anonymous donation of $10,000 came in right before 5:30 p.m. That helped push us past our fundraising goal with a total of $100,068 raised.
Before the pandemic, Feeding Tampa Bay would receive food from local grocery stores to help fill the need. Those resources are currently tapped.
The organization is now reaching into its own funds to pay for food for those in need – and this need is urgent. This is where we need your help.
All you have to do is click here to make a monetary donation to help keep the food flowing to all the Mobile Food Pantries in our viewing area to those in need.
If you or someone you know is in need of food, click here to find a mobile pantry near you.
The Tampa Bay area has always stepped up when the community needs it. We, and Feeding Tampa Bay, hope you can do it again
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Record surge: US shatters single-day mark of COVID-19 cases
- Masks greatly reduce size of ‘cough clouds’, study finds
- Florida coronavirus: Percent positivity drops below 4% after big test day
- First COVID-19 treatment approved by FDA studied early on during pandemic at Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- COVID-19 vaccine trial from AstraZeneca, Oxford approved to resume in US