Co-Owner of Pasta Packs, Chef Nic Bryon, joined Gayle Guyardo, the host of the global health and wellness show, Bloom, to share more about the youth cooking classes he heads up at the University Area CDC, while he serves up a delicious pasta recipe.
Spaghetti Alla Pesto | Grilled Chicken Breast | Fresh Pasta | Garlic Bread
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ½ cup toasted walnuts (Or pine nuts)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1lb Spaghetti
- Pecorino Romano Optional
DIRECTIONS: Pesto Sauce
- In a food processor, combine spinach, basil, walnuts, 3 tablespoons olive oil, lemon
juice and zest and ¼ cup water, puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and
Finish the dish!
- In a medium size pot add 5-6 cups of water and 1 tablespoon of salt and bring to a boil.
Once boiling, cook the pasta until al dente, if using fresh pasta, about 2 minutes.
- In a separate dutch oven or medium size pot, heat remaining olive oil, shaved garlic
and crushed red pepper over medium-high heat. Lightly Cook until golden and
fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the cooked pasta to the sauteed garlic along with the fresh pesto sauce. Gently
mix coating the pasta with the bright vibrant pesto.
- Season as desired and top with a little pecorino romano for some extra flavor!
You can watch Bloom in the Tampa Bay Market weekdays at 2pm on WFLA News Channel 8.
Bloom is now part of DBTV Network, seen in over 300 million households worldwide, including Roku TV, and Amazon Fire.
Bloom also airs in 40 markets across the country, with a reach of approximately 36 million households, and in Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Madison, WI.