Food Photographer Melissa Santell who is the author of “Hi, I’m Hungry” cookbook joins Farron Hipp the guest host of the nationally syndicated health and wellness show Bloom to share a recipe for her St. Patrick’s Day Green Graze Board – perfect for entertaining on the holiday.
Green Graze Board
Recipe by Melissa Santell
Graze, but make it green.
My love letter to St. Patrick’s Day is a faux charcuterie board filled with delicious cheeses, green fruits and veggies, and oreo gold coins.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Sage Derby Cheese, sliced
- Herbed goat cheese log, sliced
- Triple cream brie round
- 3 kiwis, halved into zigzag shape
- 1 bunch of green grapes
- ½ cup Cerignola olives
- Handful of yogurt covered pretzels
- 2 green apples, sliced in ¼ inch slices
- 1 cucumber, sliced thin
- ¼ cup Marcona almonds
- 2 tablespoons green pepper jelly
- 10 Oreo cookies
- Edible gold color mist or glitter
- Edible white flowers, optional
- Place brie in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to harden slightly. Then use a sharp knife to cut one ½ inch thick slice off the top of the cheese round. Use a shamrock cookie cutter to press the shape into the slice. Spread green pepper jelly across the bottom half of the brie and return the top slice to its original position.
- For the cucumber, layer slices to create a rose shape in two small ramekins.
- Using your favorite round serving dish, arrange all of the remaining elements around the brie centerpiece.
- Finish by spraying oreos with edible gold dust and placing them where desired. Garnish with edible flowers if available!
- Get lucky.
You can watch Bloom in the Tampa Bay Market weekdays at 2pm on WFLA News Channel 8.
Bloom is now part of DBTV Network Seen In Over 300 Million Households worldwide, including Roku TV, and Amazon Fire.
Bloom also airs in 40 markets across the country, with a reach of approximately 36 million households, and in Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Madison, WI.