Cooks Who Feed, a nonprofit that aims to feed the hungry by selling handmade, fairly traded aprons.
Gayle Guyardo the host of the nationally syndicated health and wellness show Bloom shares how everyone can get involved in the event to help the hungry.
The segment also features an amazing Eggnog Nutella French Toast Recipe
EGG NOG NUTELLA FRENCH TOAST | COCONUT | CARAMELIZED BANANA
2 slices of brioche (cut thick)
20 gr of sugar
100 gr of hazelnut paste
1 can of ice cold coconut milk
100 gr feuilletine/ crushed cornflakes
5 leaves of mint or lemon balm
1 cup of eggnog
– Spread Nutella on the brioche and close the sandwich
– Cut it in triangles and add to the egg nog (live)
– Split the coconut fat from its milk and reserve
– In a frying pan, add butter and a dash of oil and cook the French toast until it’s golden brown. (Live)
– Apply more Nutella to the sides and coat with feuilletine/corn-flakes (live)
– Split a banana in 1/2. Sprinkle sugar and brûlée with a torch (live)
– Add the coconut in the plate, put the French toast on top and the banana, add lemon balm cress or mint. (Already plated to show result)
Bloom airs in 40 markets across the country, with a reach of approximately 36 million households, and in Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Madison, WI.
You can watch Bloom in the Tampa Bay Market weekdays at Noon on WTTA: Spectrum 1006; Frontier 514; DirecTV 38; Dish 38; Comcast 43, and look for Bloom early mornings on WFLA News Channel 8.