Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Wendy Wesley, joined Gayle Guyardo, the host of the global health and wellness show, Bloom, with a delicious heart healthy recipe.
Southwest Taco Bowls with Homemade Chimichurri
- ½ – ¾ cup brown rice or farro, cooked
- ½ cup seasoned black canned beans
- 1 cup shredded lettuce or collard greens
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup guacamole or avocado
- 2 tbs chimichurri
- Optional: ½ cup cooked ground beef or turkey, chopped cilantro, ¼ cup shredded cheese, ¼ cup corn
Homemade Collard Green Chimichurri
- 1 handful fresh collard greens
- 1 handful fresh cilantro and/or parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs vinegar
- Salt and red pepper flakes
- Directions: Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth
You can watch Bloom in the Tampa Bay Market weekdays at 2pm on WFLA News Channel 8.
Bloom is now part of DBTV Network, seen in over 300 million households worldwide, including Roku TV, and Amazon Fire.
Bloom also airs in 40 markets across the country, with a reach of approximately 36 million households, and in Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Madison, WI.