Hungry VX Celebrity Chef Jason Smith joins Gayle Guyardo the host of the nationally syndicated health and wellness show Bloom with a guilty pleasure dessert recipe for Chocolate Bacon Carmel Pie. Try a healthy swap – or remember portion control!
Chocolate Bacon Caramel Pie Recipe
By Chef Jason Smith
1 pound bacon, chopped
1 chocolate cracker pie crust
1 small box chocolate instant pudding
1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups fresh whipped cream
½ cup favorite caramel sauce
½ cup toasted pecans, chopped
- Place bacon in a skillet and cook until crispy, remove and let drain.
- In a mixing bowl place, the pudding mix, cream, and vanilla and whisk together.
- Once thick place in pie crust, and smooth out.
- Sprinkle half the pecans over filling, spread whipped cream over top evenly.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Garnish with rest of pecans.
- Place In fridge and let set for 2 hours before serving.
You can watch Bloom in the Tampa Bay Market weekdays at 2pm on WFLA News Channel 8.
Bloom is now part of DBTV Network Seen In Over 300 Million Households worldwide, including Roku TV, and Amazon Fire.
Bloom also airs in 40 markets across the country, with a reach of approximately 36 million households, and in Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Madison, WI.