TAMPA (BLOOM) – Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Johna Mailolli joins Gayle Guyardo the host of the nationally syndicated health and wellness show Bloom on the Heart Walk special to share a heart healthy recipe for Black Bean Salad (Salsa).
Black Bean Salad (or Salsa) Recipe
Servings 6 Serving Size 3/4 cup
- 1 15.5-ounce can no-salt-added or low-sodium black beans, drained
- 1 15-ounce can no-salt-added or low-sodium whole-kernel corn, drained
- 3/4 cup frozen corn (thawed)
- 1 medium bell pepper (diced)
- 1 medium tomato (diced)
- 1/2 cup red onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (from jar)
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 medium lime
- In a large salad bowl, toss together all the ingredients. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
The 2023 Heart Walk is tomorrow Saturday, November 4th at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa.
Visit WFLA.com/Heart-Walk to sign up to join Stacie Schaible and the News Channel 8 team.