TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise is helping travelers stay alert by offering free coffee at multiple locations during peak travel times.
Free coffee will be available at Shell locations on the Turnpike and lobbies at the Turkey Lake, Canoe Creek, Fort Drum, Fort Pierce and West Palm Beach rest stops, from 11 p.m. Wednesday to 6 a.m. Thursday and 11 p.m. Sunday to 6 a.m. Monday.
The FTE is using the complimentary pick-me-up to promote driver safety. The FTE has also encouraged drivers to take safety breaks off the road and schedule their travel plans around normal rush periods.
The State Farm Safety Patrol will also be providing around-the-clock coverage in urban areas throughout the holiday weekend.
- Hasbro launches website to keep families busy
- ‘Star Wars’ actor and dialect coach Andrew Jack dies from coronavirus
- Kroger offers ‘hero bonus’ for hourly employees during coronavirus shutdown
- Coronavirus: SiriusXM radio will be free until May 15
- AMBER Alert: Man flees with Georgia toddler after shooting, killing 3 family members