TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise is helping travelers stay alert by offering free coffee at multiple locations during peak travel times.
Free coffee will be available at Shell locations on the Turnpike and lobbies at the Turkey Lake, Canoe Creek, Fort Drum, Fort Pierce and West Palm Beach rest stops, from 11 p.m. Wednesday to 6 a.m. Thursday and 11 p.m. Sunday to 6 a.m. Monday.
The FTE is using the complimentary pick-me-up to promote driver safety. The FTE has also encouraged drivers to take safety breaks off the road and schedule their travel plans around normal rush periods.
The State Farm Safety Patrol will also be providing around-the-clock coverage in urban areas throughout the holiday weekend.
- FDA authorizes first at-home COVID-19 and flu combination test
- Officials: 17th Florida panther struck, killed by vehicle this year
- Pres. Trump presses Georgia governor to help overturn election
- 200 Sephora locations to open in Kohl’s stores in 2021
- Southwest Airlines announces furlough for hundreds in Orlando