NEW YORK (AP) — Police say a woman trying to retrieve her cellphone after it fell onto New York City subway tracks has been struck and killed by a train.
It happened at a station in Queens on Sunday afternoon.
Police say the woman was struck by a southbound R train. It's unclear if she had climbed down onto the tracks or was leaning over the tracks.
The woman was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Local attorney offering $25,000 reward to help find missing Tampa teen
- Italy may grant paid ‘menstrual leave' to female employees
- 5 arrested during undercover prostitution sting in Sarasota
- Teen wanted in connection to body found burned turns himself in
- Sarasota police search for missing man
- Baby giraffe facts: What to expect after April's baby is born
Handgun ended ended up in car bumper
Vehicle in deadly crash was on Autopilot