GREENSBURG, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania man has been jailed on charges he sold heroin in the hospital maternity ward room where people were visiting his newborn daughter.
Twenty-five-year-old Cody Hulse was arraigned Friday on charges including heroin delivery and endangering the welfare of children. The Tribune-Review reports he declined to comment afterward.
Authorities say Hulse got busted after Greensburg police stopped a vehicle Thursday and found heroin and paraphernalia. The occupants told police they had just bought the drugs from Hulse at Excela Health Westmoreland hospital.
Police say they went to the maternity room and confronted Hulse, who acknowledged selling the drugs and who had heroin in his pocket.
Police say Hulse’s girlfriend, the baby’s mother, told them she didn’t know about the drug deals.
Online court records don’t list a defense attorney.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Man with autism took wrong bus home from work, became 3rd Seminole Heights murder victim
- Trump to allow release of JFK assassination files
- Woman in fear for her life jumps from third story of apartment after brutal attack in Sarasota
- Florida man said he killed wife by karate-chopping her in neck
- WATCH: New Mexico officer moved to tears after DWI stop
- VIRAL VIDEO: Jacksonville doctor dances to cheer up scared kids during hospital visit