ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A soccer coach in Florida is facing accusations he molested a 9-year-old boy before and during practice.
Authorities say 22-year-old Hugo Daniel Jimenez-Rumbos picked the boy up at his Orlando home to take him to a sporting goods store to buy knee pads before heading to a soccer field. Local news outlets report the boy told detectives the coach touched his genitals over his clothing while driving to the store and then to practice. The boy also said the man looked down the boy’s pants during a bridge exercise.
The boy called his mother to pick him up and reported what happened. Jimenez-Rumbos was arrested Thursday. Records show he was charged with leud and lascivious molestation.
Jimenez-Rumbos is being held at the Osceola County Jail. Records don’t list his attorney.
- Winter chill brings shock to those visiting Tampa Bay area
- Mexico begins flying, busing migrants back to Honduras
- Highland’s deputies searching for 81-year-old woman last seen on Friday
- Police investigating battery report outside Antonio Brown’s Florida home
- Storm Team 8 Forecast: Near Freezing Temps Tonight