BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) — When a knife-wielding Florida woman attempted to rob a Family Dollar store, the cashier said “not today” while another employee locked the door until deputies arrived, authorities say.
A Manatee County Sheriff’s arrest report says 27-year-old Brittany Rodriguez was taken into custody without incident at the Bradenton store Sunday night.
The arrest report says Rodriguez entered the store, selected some items and approached the cashier. That’s when investigators say she pulled the knife and pointed it at the cashier. When deputies entered the store, they say Rodriguez threw a knife to the floor. She was ordered to the ground and arrested.
- Tractor-trailer explodes into flames near Brooksville Walmart, evacuates and shuts down store on Black Friday
- 2 shot in Progress Village area of East Tampa, deputies searching for 3 suspects
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Major cool-down in store for next week
- Tampa city councilman thankful after surviving battle with coronavirus
- Venezuela judge convicts 6 American oil execs, orders prison