HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Police in Connecticut say more than 90 people were hospitalized during a concert featuring Chance the Rapper.
Authorities say many were taken to hospitals for excessive drinking.
Hartford Deputy Chief Brian Foley said Saturday that officers made 50 underage drinking referrals Friday at Hot 93.7′s Hot Jam concert at Xfinity Theatre. Most of those charged were issued a summons to appear in court. Several other arrests were made throughout the evening.
Police say the crowd was apparently made up of people in their late teens and early 20s. He says tailgating, partying and excessive alcohol consumption was “extremely prevalent.”
Foley says a large number of people hospitalized were underage attendees experiencing “severe intoxication.”
Other artists performing at the concert were Kyle, PnB Rock and ANoyd.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- ‘The Little Couple’ star discusses new position at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital
- Linkin Park cancels tour after death of frontman, band was to play in Tampa
- Ex-middle school principal stole thousands from Lakeland schools, deputies say
- VIDEO: Man almost hit baby while livestreaming joyride from Clearwater Beach to Caladesi Island
- Police: Video shows Florida teens watching, laughing as man drowns
- J. Simpson could move to St. Pete after release from prison
- ‘Hater Map’ shows what each state hates most
- 8 fun things to do this weekend in Tampa Bay | July 21-23