(WTNH) — Over 24,000 pounds of beef products – including beef sirloin, ribeye and tenderloin – have been recalled by American Beef Packers after being deemed “unfit for human consumption”.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced that a carcass was erroneously released and processed prior to test results being received.
The raw beef items were produced and packaged on Aug. 21, 2019. The following products are subject to recall: [View Labels]
- Bulk pack combo bins containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS 85 BONELESS BEEF CHUCKS” with LOT NO.110 and BIN No. 85 and BIN No. 86.
- Bulk pack combo bins containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS 90 BONELESS BEEF” with LOT NO. 110 and BIN No. 81, BIN No. 82 and BIN No. 83.
- Bulk pack combo bins containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS 85 BONELESS BEEF” with LOT NO. 25-110 and BIN No. 84 and LOT NO 110 and BIN No. 88.
- Cases containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS RIBEYE 8/10 #1” with codes BT190821-1178, BT190821-1185, BT190821-1188, BT190821-1190, and BT190821-1194.
- 66.2-lb. case containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS RIBEYE 10 UP #1” with code BT190821-1186.
- Bulk pack combo bin containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS 90 BONELESS BEEF SIRLOINS” with LOT NO. 24-110 and BIN No. 80.
- Cases containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS TERDERLOIN 4 UP” with codes BT190821-1160, BT190821-1161, BT190821-1162, BT190821-1163, BT190821-1167, BT190821-1168, BT190821-1169, and BT190821-1170.
- Cases containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS RIBEYE 10 UP” with codes BT190821-1187 and BT190821-1192.
- Cases containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS TENDERLOIN 3/4” with codes BT190821-1155, BT190821-1157, BT190821-1171, BT190821-1200, BT190821-1201, BT190821-1202, BT190821-1203, BT190821-1204, and BT190821-1205.
- 50-lb. cases containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS DESC: BEEF FOR FURTHER PROCESSING 75/25” with lot code 08347412719.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them.
At this time, there have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to the consumption of these products.
For additional information and contact information, please visit the USDA.gov.
- Lottery ticket purchased in Largo wins $205k
- Storm Team 8 Forecast: Last warm and dry day before turning much colder
- Shanahan: ‘No injuries to report’ ahead of 49ers NFC Championship game
- Cirelli scores 1st career hat trick, Lightning rout Jets 7-1
- Tampa realtor warns about scammers using Zillow after finding fake Westchase listing