DETROIT (AP) — Fiat Chrysler is recalling more than 365,000 vehicles mainly in North America because the rearview camera image can stay illuminated longer than allowed.
The recall covers certain Ram pickups and Chrysler Pacifica, Dodge Durango, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Wrangler, and Jeep Renegade vans and SUVs from 2019 and 2020. Also included are certain 2020 Jeep Gladiator and Cherokee SUVs, and 2019 Dodge Challenger muscle cars.
All have 8.4-inch or 12-inch radio displays. The displays can stay illuminated for more than 10 seconds after the vehicles are shifted out of reverse. This can distract drivers.
Owners will be notified starting May 22.
Dealers will update software or it could be done over the Internet.
- Police: Man dead after shooting at Tampa apartment complex, investigation underway
- Florida stops releasing number of people overdue for second dose of COVID vaccine
- Flu rate drops dramatically due to COVID-19 precautions
- Amazon is offering to help Biden get 100 million COVID-19 vaccinations to Americans in 100 days
- Giant worm’s lair discovered underground in Taiwan