(CNN) – If you have any Blue Bell ice cream in your freezer, be sure to check the production date before you eat it.
Blue Bell is recalling its “Butter Crunch” ice cream, which was made in a plant in Sylacauga, Alabama on Aug. 26.
The FDA’s website says broken off pieces of plastic may have ended up in the product.
As a result, the company is voluntarily recalling all the ice cream made there that day.
The recall involves half-gallon packages with the production code 08-26-21-222. The affected product was distributed in parts of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.
- Olympic gold medalist from Clearwater hoping to qualify for 2020 Olympic Games
- Search underway for suspect in Polk County double homicide
- Pedophile who abused up to 200 children found dead in prison
- Lay’s introduces grilled cheese and tomato soup flavored chips
- Ex-officer charged with murder after firing into window, killing Texas woman