(CNN) – If you have any Blue Bell ice cream in your freezer, be sure to check the production date before you eat it.
Blue Bell is recalling its “Butter Crunch” ice cream, which was made in a plant in Sylacauga, Alabama on Aug. 26.
The FDA’s website says broken off pieces of plastic may have ended up in the product.
As a result, the company is voluntarily recalling all the ice cream made there that day.
The recall involves half-gallon packages with the production code 08-26-21-222. The affected product was distributed in parts of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.
- Former Saint Leo basketball player killed in DUI crash
- Christmas miracle: Teen gets new heart, kidney at Children’s Hospital in Ohio
- Transgender Haines City woman is new face of Pantene holiday ad
- Bucs seek fourth consecutive victory in final road game of season
- Driver shot by motorcyclist on U.S. 19 in New Port Richey