TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – As 8 On Your Side monitored Hurricane Dorian, we also witnessed the historic damage it caused to the Bahamian islands. However, the full scope of the disaster is still unknown.
In part to help those suffering from the destruction Dorian caused, News Channel 8 hosted a phone bank on Thursday with the American Red Cross.
8 On Your Side helped raise $35,580 for the American Red Cross to give relief to those living in the Bahamas.
If you missed the phone bank, don’t worry, you can also donate online.
Your monetary contributions will help with immediate needs like food, shelter and the ability to put people on the road to recovery following the natural disaster.
You can make a donation with a credit card or via a PayPal account. There is a minimum online donation of $10.
To make a donation online, click here.
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Long stretch of warm and mostly dry days ahead
- Working from home improving mental health of dads much more than moms, study reveals
- Researchers find link between exercise and sense of purpose in life
- 5 U.S. colleges make top 10 list of best universities in the world
- Fauci says pandemic exposed ‘undeniable effects of racism’