TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – As 8 On Your Side monitored Hurricane Dorian, we also witnessed the historic damage it caused to the Bahamian islands. However, the full scope of the disaster is still unknown.
In part to help those suffering from the destruction Dorian caused, News Channel 8 hosted a phone bank on Thursday with the American Red Cross.
8 On Your Side helped raise $35,580 for the American Red Cross to give relief to those living in the Bahamas.
If you missed the phone bank, don’t worry, you can also donate online.
Your monetary contributions will help with immediate needs like food, shelter and the ability to put people on the road to recovery following the natural disaster.
You can make a donation with a credit card or via a PayPal account. There is a minimum online donation of $10.
To make a donation online, click here.
- COVID-19 vaccine to be offered to every Florida long-term care facility by Feb. 1, Gov. DeSantis says
- GoPro found after 6 years at the bottom of Honolulu ocean returned to owner
- Hawaii man survives lightning strike, then beats COVID-19
- Southwest Airlines adds extra flights to Tampa for Super Bowl weekend
- Want to be a fan in the stands at Super Bowl LV?