TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A resident of a Town ‘n’ Country assisted living facility showed up recently to a local hospital claiming to have been beaten with a belt.
When a state inspector started asking questions, a person working at La Vida En El Mar assisted living facility hid in a closet.
8 On Your Side found out deficiencies at La Vida En El Mar go way back and, according to the state, uncorrected.
Tonight at 6: Why this place is bad news and old news to the Agency for Health Care Administration. Watch Steve Andrews’ full story on News Channel 8.
MORE 8 ON YOUR SIDE STORIES:
- Congressman steps in to help veteran who believes VA is pushing him to end his life
- Hudson mom holds intruder at gunpoint waiting for deputies to arrive
- LISTEN: 911 calls detail terrifying moments for Hudson mom holding intruder at gunpoint
- VIDEO: Mom outraged after cop uses taser on 8th grader in St. Pete
- 94-year-old finally receives 1934 life insurance policy money that disappeared
- Spring Hill couple getting piles of credit cards with fictitious names sent to their address
- Tampa Bay doctor’s license revoked 943 days after complaint