There are questions surrounding the quality of veterinary care animals receive at the Hillsborough County Pet Resouce Center.
A PRC employee reported to the veterinary staff on April 8 that a dog named Clyde ate a blanket.
Records show the dog was not seen by a veterinarian until April 14. By that time, the blanket became lodged in and perforated the animal’s intestines.
One local veterinarian believes that Clyde unnecessarily suffered extreme pain.
What’s the county’s explanation? Steve Andrews will have the full story at 6 on News Channel 8.