Florida’s attorney general has shut down a Tampa-based veterans charity following a series of 8 On Your Side reports which revealed VetMade Industries was bogus.
VetMade Industries claimed it provided training to unemployed disabled veterans.
An 8 On Your Side investigation exposed that while VetMade collected more than $6.5 million dollars in contributions, its doors remained closed for five years and it trained no one.
So what happened to all that money collected to help unemployed disabled veterans? Join Steve Andrews tonight on News Channel 8 at 6 to find out.
- Veterans charity collects $6.5 million, still MIA
- Millions collected, Tampa charity for veterans goes MIA
- Charity watchdog turns Tampa veterans charity in to Dept. of Defense
- Veterans charity spends big bucks to advertise while program is shutdown
- Charity that trains disabled veterans not wheelchair accessible