Dog’s post-surgery death raises more questions about care at county shelter


More questions are being raised about the medical care animals are receiving at Hillsborough County’s tax-funded Pet Resource Center. 

On Wednesday, we showed you that a kennel employee reported to veterinary staff that a dog by the name of Clyde ate the blanket in his cage. Clyde was suffering from severe diarrhea.

Records show no PRC vet examined the dog until he went into distress some six days after eating the blanket.

PRC euthanized Clyde this past Sunday when emergency exploratory surgery revealed his intestines were perforated.

8 On Your Side has now learned that a 10-year-old chocolate lab was found dead in her kennel in March, just two days after she was spayed at PRC.

Why did she bleed to death? Steve Andrews has the story at 6 on News Channel 8.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

get the app

News App

Weather App

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss