TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A bulky or puffy costume might pose a serious safety hazard when your child is riding in a car seat.
“We don’t want to wear puffy costumes underneath our car seat harness because doing that can add additional room to the harness in the event of a crash. And that additional room in the harness will now make it so there is more room for the child to move during the crash and potentially move outside the protection of their car seat.” said Emily Thomas, a Consumer Reports car seat expert.
Experts recommend having your little ghoul or goblin change into their costumes after getting to the party.
For more safety tips and tricks, watch my 8 On Your Side consumer alert.
- Child dies after Christmas parade accident in Tennessee
- Tampa Bay motorcycle group pays tribute to young rider killed following collision with HART bus
- North Port police asking for community’s help in identifying sexual battery suspect
- Florida officer charged with violating women’s civil rights
- Utah tosses thousands of gallons of beer after law change