Associated Press - MANATEE, Fla. (AP) - It's beginning to feel a little like Christmas in The Sunshine State with overnight low temperatures dropping into the upper 40s in some areas.
Wind gusts are creating choppy waters in Volusia and Flagler Counties and boaters are being warned to take precautions. The National Weather Service has issued a Lake Wind Advisory for the region. Small craft advisories have been issued for the area's coastal waters.
Temperatures in southwest Florida dipped into the 40s early Saturday but were expected to rise into the 70s by afternoon.
Manatee County residents started their day with temperatures in the 40s, a big change from the balmy temperatures of recent weeks. But forecasters say Dec. 25 will be decidedly un-Christmas like with temperatures in the 80s.ENJOYING THE COOLER WEATHER? Send us a photo of your fun cool day activities!
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Russia votes to hand Vladimir Putin 4th presidential term
- Cirque du Soleil acrobat falls during performance in Tampa; rest of show canceled
- 5 hospitalized after van slams into fire engine
- Missing teen, 45-year-old man located in Mexico