CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. (WFLA) - A Georgia toddler is dead after a freak accident at a Payless Shoe Store, WSB reports.
According to the report, 2-year-old Ifrah Siddique was shoe shopping with her mother Friday night when an unsecured mirror fell on the toddler. Ifrah was taken to the hospital and died an hour later.
"You wouldn't really expect it. We are all in the state of shock," the girl's cousin, Aqib Iftkhar told Channel 2. "We want to make sure this doesn't happen again for anybody. We don't want to see another kid get into this."
In a statement to the news station, Payless Shoes extended their condolences:
"Our deepest sympathies go out to the family of Ifrah Siddique during this time of incredible loss. We are devastated by this tragic event and are fully cooperating with authorities to research and understand the nature of this accident. Out of respect for the family, no further information will be provided at this time."WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON -
- 2018 Florida Strawberry Festival Info: Entertainment, admission, directions
- Police: Gun in campus shooting belonged to suspect's dad
- Couple arrested, kids lived in a box for years
- Police respond to viral video of homeless man kicked out of McDonald's
- UCF frat suspended after LeBron James white powder stunt
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- NRA: March for Our Lives orchestrated to push an anti-gun agenda
- Texas official calls special ed students ‘slow learners'
- Police: 3 adults charged in 3-year-old's fatal overdose
- Survivor marks 6 minutes of strength and silence at rally