Price Target Raised to $1.57
New York, NY / ACCESSWIRE / April 16, 2014 / SeeThruEquity, a leading New York City based independent equity research and corporate access firm focused on smallcap and microcap public companies, today announced that it has issued a quarterly update note on Pressure BioSciences, Inc. (OTCQB: PBIO) for its 4Q13 and FY13 results. PBIO is a biotech company focused on the development, marketing and sale of proprietary laboratory instrumentation and associated consumables based on their novel and patented Pressure Cycling Technology (“PCT”) platform.
“PBIO did a good job in accelerating revenue growth momentum in 2H13 which we view as a positive. But we are even more excited about the revenue potential of the upcoming release of the company’s next generation products including the Barocycler HUB880,” stated Ajay Tandon, CEO of SeeThruEquity, “Given the positive developments in 2013, we are raising our price target to $1.57 per share.
Highlights for the quarter and year included:
- Total revenue for 4Q13 was $354k compared to $216k for the same period in 2012, representing a 64% increase. This also beat our $280k estimate.
- Revenue from the sale of products and services was $301k for 4Q13, compared to $122k for the same period in 2012, a 146% increase and also ahead of our $230k estimate.
- Loss per common share (basic and diluted) was ($0.16) for 4Q13 compared to ($0.10) for the same period in 2012.
- For 2013, PBIO reported a net loss of ($5.2mn), or ($0.44) per share, compared with a net loss of ($4.4mn), or ($0.43) per share in 2012.
- Subsequent to the end of 2013, PBIO announced the commercial release of the Barocycler HUB880, the newest addition to its growing line of high-pressure instrument systems.
- On February 28, 2014, PBIO announced the closing of a $630k private placement. This was the third tranche of a private placement announced on December 12, 2013, which was originally expected to raise $1.5mn and close on or before January 31, 2014. However, the total consideration received by PBIO in the private placement was $2.9mn at the time of the February 28th release and the closing has been extended to April 4, 2014.
The update is available at: PBIO Quarterly Update Report. SeeThruEquity is an approved equity research contributor on Thomson First Call, CapitalIQ, FactSet, and Zack’s. The update will also be available on these platforms.
Please review important disclosures on our website at http://www.seethruequity.com/.
SeeThruEquity is an equity research and corporate access firm focused on companies with less than $1 billion in market capitalization. The research is not paid for and unbiased. We do not conduct any investment banking or commission based business. We are approved to contribute our research to Thomson One Analytics (First Call), Capital IQ, FactSet, Zacks and distribute our research to our database of opt-in investors. We also contribute our estimates to Thomson Estimates, the leading estimates platform on Wall Street.
For more information visit http://www.seethruequity.com/.
About Pressure BioSciences, Inc.
Pressure BioSciences, Inc. (“PBI”) is focused on the development, marketing, and sale of proprietary laboratory instrumentation and associated consumables based on Pressure Cycling Technology (“PCT”). PCT is a patented, enabling technology platform with multiple applications in the estimated $6 billion life sciences sample preparation market. PCT uses cycles of hydrostatic pressure between ambient and ultra-high levels to control bio-molecular interactions. PBI currently focuses its efforts on the development and sale of PCT-enhanced sample preparation systems (instruments and consumables) for mass spectrometry, biomarker discovery, bio-therapeutics characterization, vaccine development, soil and plant biology, forensics, histology, and counter-bioterror applications.