JACKSONVILLE: Teen 'terrorized' county with over 20 bomb threats - WFLA News Channel 8

Sheriff: Teen 'terrorized' Onslow Co. with more than 20 bomb threats

Posted: Updated:
Gerald Jackson, 18, was arrested by Onslow County deputies for calling in 20 different bomb threats. Gerald Jackson, 18, was arrested by Onslow County deputies for calling in 20 different bomb threats.
JACKSONVILLE, N.C. -

An Onslow County teen was arrested Monday after deputies said he "terrorized" the county for the past month and a half.

Gerald Jackson, 18, was arrested by Onslow County deputies for calling in 20 different bomb threats.

Deputies said the first bomb threat was made on Feb. 24; and just last week, students were evacuated from one school to another school, which then had its own bomb threat.

Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown said that he estimated his office spent $120,000 in manpower to cover all of the bomb threats.

Brown said Jackson told deputies that he had no intention of hurting anyone and that he was only working out frustrations.

Brown said it's estimated that his office spent $120,000 in manpower to cover all of the bomb threats.

The teen is also charged by Jacksonville police with making four bomb threats in the city.

Police say the threats took place on Feb. 25 at a Wal-Mart on Marine Boulevard, Feb. 27 at a Wal-Mart on Yopp Road, April at Onslow Memorial Hospital and April 4 at a McDonalds on S. Marine Boulevard.

Jackson is a former student at Southwest High School, which was one of the schools targeted.

Copyright 2014 WNCN. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

200 South Parker Street, Tampa, FL 33606

Telephone: 813.228.8888
Fax: 813.225.2770
Email: news@wfla.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.