2. I once got in trouble with the post office for putting dog-sitting flyers in nearly every mailbox in my town. The postmaster called my house to say this was a federal offense and I needed to pay .25 for each one. Thankfully Mom talked him out of that.
3. My first date when I was 14 was with my husband. As my mom says, "When you strike gold, stop digging."
4. In second grade (Desert Storm) I wrote President Bush to let him know my thoughts on war. He (I like to think it was he) wrote back with a photo and letter. I memorized the letter and showed it off everywhere. The last line: “Youth is no barrier to great achievement.”
5. Before coming to News Channel 8, I worked as a Public Information Officer on board the aircraft carrier USS Yorktown at Patriots Point near Charleston, SC. My office was actually on the ship, which was quite cool!
6. I have a self-rule to never buy anything at full-retail price. Good deals are fun and I like to feel like I'm winning!
7. I love funny-looking dogs and always have. I’m a big believer in pet therapy and love that with a pet you've always got someone on your side.
8. Part of the thrill of news reporting died when my friend who I called “Scanner Billy” died a few years back. As eerie as it sounds, he kept a tally of how many shootings, murders and fires he “gave” me. I miss his 2am calls of “I’m sorry to wake you, but this one’s big.” He talked to me on the phone my entire drive to a middle-of-the-night story and told me where to turn, park and who to talk to when I arrived. He was so proud when his story made top story and no other station got it. You never realize how much you love something til it’s gone.
You can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
200 South Parker Street, Tampa, FL 33606
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.