CLAYTON: Space heater could be to blame for house fire - WFLA News Channel 8

Space heater could be to blame for Clayton house fire

Posted: Updated:
Firefighters responded to a fire at a residence at 210 Robertson Street around 1:30 p.m., authorities said. Photo courtesy the Town of Clayton. Firefighters responded to a fire at a residence at 210 Robertson Street around 1:30 p.m., authorities said. Photo courtesy the Town of Clayton.
CLAYTON, N.C. -

Authorities say a space heater may be to blame for a house fire in Clayton Friday afternoon.

Firefighters responded to a fire at a residence at 210 Robertson Street around 1:30 p.m., authorities said. The fire was quickly extinguished but the single-story home sustained major damage, according to authorities.

No one was at home at the time of the fire and no one was injured in the incident, according to the Town of Clayton.

The incident closed Robertson Street for approximately an hour.

The fire marshall is still investigating, but believes the fire could have been sparked by a space heater in a back bedroom, authorities said.

Powered by WorldNow

200 South Parker Street, Tampa, FL 33606

Telephone: 813.228.8888
Fax: 813.225.2770
Email: news@wfla.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.