Myrtle Manor 'bad boy' cast member won't be back for 2nd season - WFLA News Channel 8

Myrtle Manor 'bad boy' cast member won't be back for 2nd season

Posted: Updated:
Taylor Burt with his dog on the Myrtle Manor show Taylor Burt with his dog on the Myrtle Manor show
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. -

A Welcome to Myrtle Manor cast member charged with criminal sexual conduct with a minor won't be on the show for its second season.

Taylor J. Burt, age 28, who has said he was "made to be the tattooed bad boy" of the show, confirmed the news on Monday. The new season of the show is set to debut on the TLC network in mid-January.

When WBTW interviewed Burt in October, he was reluctant to say if he would be on the second season – which at that point had already started filming.

On Monday, he said that he was developing his own TV show.

I "am pleased to inform y'all that I am in the early stages of development for a new TV series featuring myself (although I cannot release details on that at this time)!" he said on Facebook.

The case of criminal sexual conduct, which was filed in April, involves a 15-year-old girl, who Burt's attorney called an "obsessed fan."

Related story: 'Myrtle Manor' cast member confident charges against him will be dropped

"There's been repeated pieces of evidence that have come to light showing that this was an infatuation that went too far for the young lady," his attorney Jonny McCoy said in October.

On the TV show, Burt was cleared in a case involving mysterious urine that appeared on his ex-girlfriend's bed.

This summer Burt was also arrested and charged with disorderly conduct after a fight broke out in the early hours of the morning on October 6.

He said in an October interview that he was attempting to break up a fight between two other men.

"Fortunately in this most recent case we have video evidence that I wasn't really involved in any altercation at all, it was just a misunderstanding on, I guess, the authority's part and now that we have evidence of that it should be cleared," he said.

Both Burt and McCoy have said that if it wasn't for Myrtle Manor, things might be different.

"I'll tell you what, if this was in Hollywood where they're used to this type of show, and they're used to these type of characters, none of this would have ever been brought up to the limelight," McCoy said.

Even still, Burt said in October that he doesn't regret his time on the show. 

He believes if he's cleared of the charges against him, people will start to see him differently.

"I know I might have a certain image because of the tattoos and things, but my mom's a good old southern woman who raised a good southern man." He said.  "I've never had a sip of alcohol, touched at drug in my life.  I might do nightlife for a living, but that's just work -- that's all it is."

Powered by WorldNow

200 South Parker Street, Tampa, FL 33606

Telephone: 813.228.8888
Fax: 813.225.2770
Email: news@wfla.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.