Chatham Co. mission house burns on Thanksgiving - WFLA News Channel 8

Chatham Co. mission house burns on Thanksgiving

Posted: Updated:

A mission house in Moncure burned Thursday, destroying the belongings of two families who lived there.

The house doubles as a home for the homeless as well as a Kid's Warehouse that store's children's furniture, clothes, and necessities for those in need. 

Firefighters said the fire likely spread from the fireplace when no one was home at the house in the 800 block of Chatham Church Road in Moncure.

Two families were temporarily using the house but were not home when the fire broke out.

Beth Morton helps run the mission house and said everything in the home is a loss. She's asking for donations. Morton said the house helps those in need.

"There was a fire cinder that popped out somewhere," Morton said.

Ann Williams lived in the home and was devastated to realize that all of her belongings as well as her children's asthma medicine was lost in the fire. "We don't have anywhere to go right now" said Williams.

Donations of any kind are accepted but the couple is looking to replace lost furniture, clothes and children's toys.

Donations can be sent to:

The Kids Warehouse, INC
P.O. Box 9
Pittsboro, N.C. 27312

Eileen Park

Eileen joined WNCN after years of working as a foreign correspondent. During her time off, she enjoys relaxing with her dogs, reading, and exploring the Triangle. More>>

Powered by WorldNow

200 South Parker Street, Tampa, FL 33606

Telephone: 813.228.8888
Fax: 813.225.2770

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.