East Tennessee boy burned after accidentally catching self on fi - WFLA News Channel 8

East Tennessee boy burned after accidentally catching self on fire

Posted: Updated:
It happened just after 6:30 a.m. Wednesday on the 400 block of Oakcrest Road. It happened just after 6:30 a.m. Wednesday on the 400 block of Oakcrest Road.
  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Screams, panic caught on video as shark charges at swimmers near beach

    Screams, panic caught on video as shark charges at swimmers near beach

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 5:48 PM EDT2014-07-30 21:48:04 GMT
    Facebook image from Dan FlynnFacebook image from Dan Flynn
    A Florida beach cleared out – with the exception of a woman and lifeguard who tried to save her – when a shark was spotted heading straight toward swimmers on Tuesday afternoon. The panic of the 10-foot shark and people screaming from the pier was caught on tape.
    A Florida beach cleared out – with the exception of a woman and lifeguard who tried to save her – when a shark was spotted heading straight toward swimmers on Tuesday afternoon. The panic of the 10-foot shark and people screaming from the pier was caught on tape.
  • State officials: Patient at Charlotte hospital did not have Ebola

    State officials: Patient at Charlotte hospital did not have Ebola

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 2:56 PM EDT2014-07-30 18:56:47 GMT
    According to officials, a patient arrived at Carolinas Medical Center Emergency Department on Tuesday evening after visiting a country known for high risk of infectious diseases.
    According to officials, a patient arrived at Carolinas Medical Center Emergency Department on Tuesday evening after visiting a country known for high risk of infectious diseases.
  • July Mugshots - Northeast Tennessee

    July Mugshots - Northeast Tennessee

    Monday, July 28 2014 3:21 PM EDT2014-07-28 19:21:09 GMT
    The following are mugshots of individuals arrested on a variety of charges in July by local authorities in Northeast Tennessee.
    The following are mugshots of individuals arrested on a variety of charges in July by local authorities in Northeast Tennessee.

KNOXVILLE (WATE) - Knoxville officials are investigating after a child accidentally burned most of his upper body Wednesday morning.

It happened just after 6:30 a.m. on the 400 block of Oakcrest Road.

The Knoxville Police Department told 6 News at the scene the 11-year-old boy called his mom and said someone threw a cigarette at him when he was walking to the bus stop. However, officials say that report is not true.

KPD officers reviewed a security video from the boy's residence which shows the child playing with a gas can and lighter in his backyard, and then he accidentally caught himself on fire.

The Knoxville Fire Department says the boy was transported to the University of Tennessee Medical Center for treatment with non-life-threatening injuries.

KPD and KFD arson investigators responded to the scene to collect evidence.

Copyright 2013 WATE. All rights reserved. 

Powered by WorldNow

200 South Parker Street, Tampa, FL 33606

Telephone: 813.228.8888
Fax: 813.225.2770
Email: news@wfla.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.