Tampa Powerball ticket worth 16 million still unclaimed - WFLA News Channel 8

ADVERTISEMENT
Bookmark and Share

Tampa Powerball ticket worth 16 million still unclaimed

Posted: Updated:
TALLAHASSEE, FL (WFLA) - The Florida Lottery today announced that a POWERBALL® jackpot-winning ticket worth $16,666,666.66 remains unclaimed. The May 25 drawing for a $50 million jackpot prize resulted in three jackpot-winning tickets; the other two tickets were sold in Delaware and Louisiana.

Florida also had two $1 million winning tickets from this drawing which have been claimed. The 180-day deadline to claim the jackpot prize is Thursday, November 21, at midnight. The winning POWERBALL numbers for the May 25, 2013, drawing were:


02-06-19-21-27 PB 25

The jackpot-winning Quick Pick ticket was purchased from Carrollwood Market, located at 4550 West Village Drive in Tampa. POWERBALL players who frequent this retailer are encouraged to check their tickets for the May 25 drawing. The retailer received a $25,000 bonus check for selling the jackpot-winning ticket.

While any Florida Lottery retailer can validate the winning ticket, the POWERBALL jackpot prize must be claimed at Florida Lottery headquarters in Tallahassee. Players can obtain additional information by calling the Lottery’s Customer Service Office at (850) 487-7787 or visiting the Florida Lottery’s website at www.flalottery.com.

Florida POWERBALL sales from this jackpot rollover series generated more than $3.4 million for education. If the jackpot prize goes unclaimed, the monies from the Florida Lottery’s proportion of sales used to fund the jackpot prize, approximately $768,000, will be returned to the Lottery. In Florida, education is the beneficiary, with 80 percent of the unclaimed prize being transferred to the Educational Enhancement Trust Fund (EETF). The remaining 20 percent is put into a prize pool, which is later used to fund new games and promotions.

Related Content: 84-year-old woman claims $590million powerball jackpot
  • NewsMore>>

  • Hillsborough commission may get tough with chronic code violators

    Hillsborough commission may get tough with chronic code violators

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 1:26 PM EDT2014-09-16 17:26:22 GMT
    Brenda Owings is the owner of the Berkford Avenue property in Citrus Park.Brenda Owings is the owner of the Berkford Avenue property in Citrus Park.
    There's a change in the wind and it's all due to an 8 On Your Side investigation.Hillsborough County will decide tomorrow whether to get tough with chronic code enforcement violators.The case that broughtto lightcode enforcement's inability to take action sits on Berkford Avenue in the Citrus Park area in Hillsborough County.
    There's a change in the wind and it's all due to an 8 On Your Side investigation.Hillsborough County will decide tomorrow whether to get tough with chronic code enforcement violators.The case that broughtto lightcode enforcement's inability to take action sits on Berkford Avenue in the Citrus Park area in Hillsborough County.
  • Female wounded warriors retreat to Bradenton

    Female wounded warriors retreat to Bradenton

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 12:55 PM EDT2014-09-16 16:55:21 GMT
    Fifteen female wounded warriors were gathering together for comradery and counseling during a retreat in Bradenton Tuesday.It's called ‘A Season of Change- You Can!' and it's organized by the Sarasota County Veterans Commission (SCVC) and Professional Assisting Military Families and Friends (PAMFF
    Fifteen female wounded warriors were gathering together for comradery and counseling during a retreat in Bradenton Tuesday.It's called ‘A Season of Change- You Can!' and it's organized by the Sarasota County Veterans Commission (SCVC) and Professional Assisting Military Families and Friends (PAMFF
  • Clearwater Whole Foods Market opens Sept. 24 with giveaways

    Clearwater Whole Foods Market opens Sept. 24 with giveaways

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 12:35 PM EDT2014-09-16 16:35:06 GMT
    The new Whole Foods Market is located at the Westfield Countryside Mall next to Sears. Whole Foods photoThe new Whole Foods Market is located at the Westfield Countryside Mall next to Sears. Whole Foods photo
    Pinellas County's first Whole Foods Market grocery store is scheduled to open September 24 with a big grand opening celebration
    Pinellas County's first Whole Foods Market grocery store is scheduled to open September 24 with a big grand opening celebration
  • Sign up for WFLA News Channel 8 Email Alerts

    * denotes required fields






    Thank you for signing up! You will receive a confirmation email shortly.
Powered by WorldNow

200 South Parker Street, Tampa, FL 33606

Telephone: 813.228.8888
Fax: 813.225.2770
Email: news@wfla.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.