(Makes one burger)
· 6 oz Lafrieda blend of meat
· ¼ inch slice red onion
· 12 pcs arugula
· 1.5 oz stracciatella
· 1 tbsp. bacon onion jam (see recipe)
· 1 roll
· Grill the burger until medium rare.
· Spread the bacon jam on the top of the roll and place arugula on the bottom side of the roll.
· Place the burger on the bread on top of the arugula.
Bacon onion jam
(Makes 2 cups)
· 1 lb thick bacon, cut into 1/2" pieces
· 4 small onions, thinly sliced
· ½ cup water
· ½ cup maple syrup
· ¼ balsamic vinegar
· 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
· 1 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
· kosher salt, to taste
· black pepper, to taste
· Preheat oven to 350°
· In a skillet or medium saucepan over medium-high heat cook bacon until it begins to brown & crisp. Do not drain off or discard any bacon fat.
· Lower heat to medium & add onions & cook until translucent. Add remaining ingredients & bring to a simmer. Cover pan with aluminum foil & place in the oven.
· Cook jam for 30-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes until thickened & glossy.
· Allow to cool slightly & pulse jam in the food processor for a few seconds. Finish cooling & store in an airtight container & refrigerate.
EVENT APPEARANCES AT ENJOY ARTS & TASTES
Restaurateur, author, and television personality, Donatella Arpaia has become an influential woman in the world of food, business, and entertaining. After a brief period as a corporate attorney, she re-discovered the undeniable passion that began as a child spending summers in Italy suspended in the beauty of family, food, and shared moments, and opened her first restaurant Bellini in 1998. Donatella has subsequently lent her brand and expertise to a string of successful and highly acclaimed restaurants, including davidburke & donatella, Kefi, and the Michelin starred Anthos to name a few, and recently opened Donatella Pizzeria and Restaurant & DBar to rave reviews in NYC. There is no doubt why Zagat crowned her “hostess with the mostest” and the New York Post named her one of the “most powerful women” in Manhattan.
On television, Donatella brings her modern and sophisticated sensibility to the Food Network as a head judge on both Iron Chef America & Next Iron Chef. She is also a regular contributor to the Today Show where she delivers her simple yet elegant entertaining tips and culinary creations.
As an author, Donatella penned Donatella Cooks (2010), a sassy guide to cooking and entertaining with flair. Writing with humor, wit, and practicality, she covers every element of a great evening, from super simple yet delectable food to the perfect music, drinks, and décor.
She recently brought her signature brand to HSN with food and homewares.
Donatella lives in New York with her husband, renowned heart surgeon Dr. Allan Stewart, and son, cultivating a balanced life, devouring every moment with her own spirited style.
200 South Parker Street, Tampa, FL 33606
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.