Henderson man sentenced for retaliating against witness - WFLA News Channel 8

Henderson man sentenced for retaliating against witness

Posted: Updated:
WILMINGTON, N.C. -

A Henderson man has been sentenced to nearly eight years in prison after his conviction for beating a federal witness.
    
The U.S. Attorney's office said 25-year-old Waynemon Demount Bullock was sentenced Monday after his conviction in May to a charge of retaliating against a federal witness.
    
Investigators said Bullock was involved last October in an assault on a federal witness who had previously testified before a federal judge. Authorities said Bullock and a co-defendant approached the federal witness at a convenience store in Henderson, accused the witness of being a snitch and beat the person.
    
Bullock had recently been released from the N.C. Department of Corrections prior to assaulting the victim.

  • North Carolina NewsMore>>

  • New TV ads heat up NC Senate race

    New TV ads heat up NC Senate race

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 10:25 PM EDT2014-04-17 02:25:16 GMT
    The May 6 primary is just around the corner and the top three Republican contenders vying to unseat Sen. Kay Hagan are holding nothing back and neither are supporters of the incumbent senator.
    The May 6 primary is just around the corner and the top three Republican contenders vying to unseat Sen. Kay Hagan are holding nothing back and neither are supporters of the incumbent senator.
  • McCrory says raises for all linked to revenues

    McCrory says raises for all linked to revenues

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 9:39 PM EDT2014-04-17 01:39:14 GMT
    Gov. Pat McCrory is still hopeful North Carolina government finances will work out so all public school teachers and state employees can get raises for the coming year and not just the early-career teachers.
    Gov. Pat McCrory is still hopeful North Carolina government finances will work out so all public school teachers and state employees can get raises for the coming year and not just the early-career teachers.
  • Judge denies Duke Energy request for stay in coal ash case

    Judge denies Duke Energy request for stay in coal ash case

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 9:31 PM EDT2014-04-17 01:31:07 GMT
    The Wake County judge who ordered Duke Energy to take immediate action to eliminate sources of groundwater contamination at its coal ash ponds has denied the utility’s request for a stay in the matter.
    The Wake County judge who ordered Duke Energy to take immediate action to eliminate sources of groundwater contamination at its coal ash ponds has denied the utility’s request for a stay in the matter.
Powered by WorldNow

200 South Parker Street, Tampa, FL 33606

Telephone: 813.228.8888
Fax: 813.225.2770
Email: news@wfla.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.