America is in the middle of a craft beer revolution, and there's a whole world of drink-tastic local and regional brews that aren't available nationally. To share some of the top Beercation destinations and samples from across the U.S. we have Daytime's own Getaway Girl, Casey Wohl.
Grand Rapids, MI
Why Madison is the Perfect Beercation Spot:
·Wisconsin is known as a great place for beer. Madison, Wisconsin's capital city has developed an incredible craft beer culture, advancing on the popularity of the state's most popular drink. We are home to many craft breweries and even home to the nation's second nanobrewery.
·Madison is a compact and walkable city making your beercation a safe one.
· Host events that celebrate amazing beer culture all year long. Here are a few:
§ Isthmus Beer and Cheese Fest: http://www.isthmusbeercheese.com/
§ Madison Craft Beer Week (which is actually ten days long, chock full of events) http://www.madbeerweek.com/
§ Great Taste of the Midwest http://www.mhtg.org/great-taste-of-the-midwest
· Have amazing "tavern culture" in where bars, taverns and pubs are a staple of any community & have amazing personalities both behind & in the bar
Cooperstown was once a beer capital of the U.S.
·It is home to the award-winning Ommegang Brewery, which is a Belgian-style brewery located on a 135 acre former hop farm owned by Duvel. It has a beautiful new café and offers tastings and tours. They also introduced the Game of Thrones beers while the HBO show was airing
·Cooperstown Brewing Company offers English-style beers with baseball-themed beers like the "Old Slugger", "Nine Man Ale" and "Benchwarmer"
·What pairs better with beer than baseball? Cooperstown is home to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Double Day Field, where America's favorite pastime originated.
·The historic Otesaga Resort Hotel is the best place in Cooperstown to rest your head. Located on 700-square-feet of lakefront, it's the perfect destination to sip on a beer, rent kayaks, go fishing or play a round of golf at the award-winning Leatherstocking Golf Course.
· Microbrew Capitol of the East: Asheville is a small city at just under 85,000, but this North Carolina mountain town has more microbreweries per capita than any city in nation. That's 14 home-grown beer operations–and doesn't include big names in craft beer, Sierra Nevada and New Belgium, who recently announced Asheville as the future site of their east coast expansions.
· Beer-cation Begins… A beer-cation in Asheville might begin at one of five beer festivals and wind through colorful arts districts, farm fresh independent restaurants and outdoor adventures in the Blue Ridge. Historic attractions even get in on the brewing action: America's Largest Home, Biltmore, has a delicious signature brew named after the family dog Cedric.
· On Trend in Beer City USA: Winning the title of "Beer City USA" four times in a row means that Asheville is on the leading edge of beer trends. Go there to experience a hop infusion bar at Asheville Brewing Company, beer cocktails (known as hop-tails) at new brewery Wicked Weed or booze-infused sweets at French Broad Chocolate Lounge.
· Looking for a beer-cation souvenir? If you can't fit a growler in your suitcase, bring back a jar of Crooked Condiments mustard or some BRÖÖ Shampoo both made with local brew from Highland Brewing Company.
· Brewery Tours Get Funky: Asheville brewery tours come in all shapes and sizes. Burn calories and do some light sipping on an Asheville Running Tours 5K "Beer Run" or try a tour via electric bike. Asheville Brewery Tours offers a tour with a designated driver or a walking tour to take in the sites and sips in historic downtown Asheville.
In case this is useful…
· SUDSY VACATION INFO & TRAVEL PACKAGES: ExploreAsheville.com/beer
· CRAFT BEER ADVENTURE TRAVEL PACKAGE: This gourmet travel package at Wildberry Lodge Bed & Breakfast includes one-on-one with a home brewing expert and a tasting of Asheville's finest local beers.
200 South Parker Street, Tampa, FL 33606
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.