Americais in the middle of a craft beer revolution, and there's a whole world ofdrink-tastic local and regional brews that aren't available nationally. Toshare some of the top Beercation destinations and samples from across the U.S.we have Daytime's own Getaway Girl, Casey Wohl.
Grand Rapids, MI
WhyMadison is the Perfect Beercation Spot:
·Wisconsin is known as a great place for beer. Madison, Wisconsin's capital city has developed an incredible craft beerculture, advancing on the popularity of the state's most popular drink. We are home to many craft breweries and even home to the nation's secondnanobrewery.
·Madison is a compact and walkable city making yourbeercation a safe one.
· Host events that celebrate amazing beerculture all year long. Here are a few:
§ Isthmus Beer and Cheese Fest: http://www.isthmusbeercheese.com/
§ Madison Craft Beer Week (which is actuallyten days long, chock full of events) http://www.madbeerweek.com/
§ Great Taste of the Midwest http://www.mhtg.org/great-taste-of-the-midwest
· Have amazing "tavern culture" in where bars,taverns and pubs are a staple of any community & have amazing personalitiesboth behind & in the bar
Cooperstown was once a beer capital of the U.S.
·It is home to the award-winning Ommegang Brewery, which is aBelgian-style brewery located on a 135 acre former hop farm owned byDuvel. It has a beautiful new café and offers tastings and tours. They also introduced the Game of Thrones beers while the HBO show was airing
·CooperstownBrewing Company offers English-style beers with baseball-themed beerslike the "Old Slugger", "Nine Man Ale" and "Benchwarmer"
·What pairs better with beer than baseball? Cooperstown is home to the NationalBaseball Hall of Fame and DoubleDay Field, where America's favorite pastime originated.
·Thehistoric Otesaga Resort Hotel isthe best place in Cooperstown to rest your head. Located on700-square-feet of lakefront, it's the perfect destination to sip on a beer,rent kayaks, go fishing or play a round of golf at the award-winning LeatherstockingGolf Course.
· MicrobrewCapitol of the East: Asheville is a small city at just under 85,000, butthis North Carolina mountain town has more microbreweries per capita than anycity in nation. That's 14 home-grown beer operations–and doesn't include bignames in craft beer, Sierra Nevada and New Belgium, who recently announcedAsheville as the future site of their east coast expansions.
· Beer-cationBegins… A beer-cation in Asheville might begin at one of five beerfestivals and wind through colorful arts districts, farm fresh independentrestaurants and outdoor adventures in the Blue Ridge. Historic attractions evenget in on the brewing action: America's Largest Home, Biltmore, has a delicioussignature brew named after the family dog Cedric.
· OnTrend in Beer City USA: Winning the title of "Beer City USA" four times ina row means that Asheville is on the leading edge of beer trends. Go there toexperience a hop infusion bar at Asheville Brewing Company, beer cocktails(known as hop-tails) at new brewery Wicked Weed or booze-infused sweets atFrench Broad Chocolate Lounge.
· Lookingfor a beer-cation souvenir? If you can't fit a growler in your suitcase,bring back a jar of Crooked Condiments mustard or some BRÖÖ Shampoo both madewith local brew from Highland Brewing Company.
· BreweryTours Get Funky: Asheville brewery tours come in all shapes and sizes. Burncalories and do some light sipping on an Asheville Running Tours 5K "Beer Run"or try a tour via electric bike. Asheville Brewery Tours offers a tour with adesignated driver or a walking tour to take in the sites and sips in historicdowntown Asheville.
Incase this is useful…
· SUDSY VACATION INFO & TRAVEL PACKAGES: ExploreAsheville.com/beer
· CRAFT BEERADVENTURE TRAVEL PACKAGE:This gourmet travel package at Wildberry Lodge Bed & Breakfast includesone-on-one with a home brewing expert and a tasting of Asheville's finest localbeers.
200 South Parker Street, Tampa, FL 33606
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.