Asparagus Frittata from Chef John Lewis
Yield: 6 servings
1/2 pound pencil-thin asparagus, tough ends removed
6 tbsp. olive oil
8 scallions, white and green portions, finely chopped
2 tsp. garlic, minced
7 large eggs
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Blanch and shock the asparagus. Drain well and cut into 1" lengths.
2. Heat 3 tbsp. of the oil in a saute pan set over medium heat. Add the scallions and garlic and saute until tender, about 4 minutes.. Add the asparagus and saute to warm through, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
3. Beat the eggs in a large bowl until blended. Add the asparagus mixture and stir in the cheese. Season to taste. Preheat the broiler.
4. Use a large oven proof saute pan set over high heat. Warm the remaining 3 tbsp. of oil until very hot being careful to coat the bottom and sides of the pan with oil. Pour in the egg mixture and reduce the heat to medium. Cook until the underside is golden, about 6 minutes. Run a spatula around the edges of the pan a few times during cooking to loosen the eggs. Place the pan under a hot broiler 4 to 5 inches below the heating coils for a few minutes until the top of the Frittata is golden brown and set.
5. Using a towel doubled over, carefully remove the pan from the broiler and slide the frittata onto a serving plate, let cool slightly and cut into wedges to serve. It may be served hot or room temperature.
200 South Parker Street, Tampa, FL 33606
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.