Mario Lopez prepares one of his favorite dishes. Fish tacos with avocado and black bean salsa, recipe is below. Mario has two cook books, "Extra Lean" and Extra Lean Family."
Fish tacos with avocado and black bean salsa
tilapia fillets (6 to 7 oz each)
cup all-purpose flour
Tbsp chili powder
tsp canola oil
corn tortillas, warmed
cup shredded green cabbage
For the salsa:
cup diced avocado
cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Tbsp finely chopped onion
cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
Tbsp chopped cilantro
Juice of ½ a lime
tsp kosher salt
Hot sauce to taste
1. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
2. Season flour with salt and chili powder and flour fish on both sides (pat well to remove excess flour).
3. Cook fish in skillet for 4 to 5 minutes per side until golden.
4. When fish is cooked completely, transfer to a plate and break up into large pieces.
5. Combine salsa ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
6. Serve fish in corn tortillas topped with salsa and shredded cabbage.
200 South Parker Street, Tampa, FL 33606
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.