THE FOWL WAFFLE
Chef John's At Beso del Sol
1420 Bayshore Blvd., Suite 401
tel: 727-437-0226 ∙ email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1 5 to 6oz. mostly cooked chicken breast
1 slice uncooked bacon
flour for dusting (with salt, pepper and cajun seasoning)
1 beaten egg
1 recipe waffle, cooked or a Toaster Waffle
½ cup sausage gravy, hot
or for a sandwich use some chipotle mayonnaise
minced parsley for garnish
1. Wrap the bacon around the chicken breast. Dredge in flour, shake off excess, then dredge in egg and allow excess to drain off. Dredge in flour again and shake off excess. Place in a 350F fryer and cook until done.
2. To serve, place the waffle on a plate topped with the chicken breast and ladle on the gravy. Garnish and serve.
3. For a sandwich, smear the chipotle mayonnaise on both sides of the waffle, place the chicken breast on top of the bottom waffle, top with sliced tomato and lettuce and serve.
1 lb. Pork sausage
3 tbsp. Flour
3 cups milk, room temperature
1. Cook the sausage over medium heat, breaking it apart into crumbles. When sausage is cooked, add the flour and stir to combine. Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. When finished the gravy should be thick and glossy.
1 cup mayonnaise
1 chipotle pepper in Adobo, finely minced
1. Combine the ingredients in a small bowl and allow to blend flavors if the refrigerator for a couple hours.
200 South Parker Street, Tampa, FL 33606
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.