LINGUINE WITH CRAB AND ARUGULA
(From Giuliano Hazan's Thirty Minute Pasta by Giuliano Hazan)
1 medium garlic clove
1 1/4 pounds fresh tomatoes
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon crushed hot red pepper flakes
2 ounces arugula
1 pound linguine
8 ounces cooked lump crab meat
1. Fill a pot for the pasta with about 6 quarts of water, place over high heat, and bring to a boil.
2. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Peel the tomatoes, remove the seeds, and cut into 1/4" dice.
3. Put the olive oil, garlic, and hot red pepper in a 12" skillet and place over medium high heat. Once the garlic is sizzling, add the tomatoes, season with salt and raise the heat to high. Cook quickly, for only 2-3 minutes until the tomatoes begin to break down but not to the point of becoming a sauce. Stir often to prevent the tomatoes from sticking to the bottom of the pan and burning.
4. While the tomatoes are cooking, wash the arugula, remove any thick stems, then coarsely chop it.
5. Add about 2 tablespoons salt to the boiling pasta water, put in the linguine, and stir until all the strands are submerged. Cook until al dente.
6. When the tomatoes are done, add the chopped arugula and season with salt. Reduce the heat to medium high and cook until the arugula has completely wilted, 2-3 minutes. Add the crab and continue cooking, stirring well, until it has heated through, 1-2 minutes.
7. When the pasta is done, drain well, toss with the sauce, and serve at once.
200 South Parker Street, Tampa, FL 33606
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.