Liz Bushong's Peach Parfait
Yield: 8 -2 ounce servings
1 -1/4 cup apricot nectar, divided
1-(3 ounce) package lemon flavored gelatin
1-(16 ounce) can unsweetened peaches halves, drained
1-(16 ounce) can unsweetened apricot halves, drained
¾ cup sour cream
2 cups heavy whipped cream, whipped
8 fresh mint leaves for garnish
• In microwave proof bowl, add 1 cup apricot juice. Microwave for 3 minutes. Add gelatin, stir until dissolved, add remaining apricot nectar.
• Place mixture into blender, add peach and apricot halves. Process to blend. Add sour cream and process gently. Spoon or pour mixture into 8 – 2" x 2" square containers or container of choice.
• Whip cream and place in pastry bag fitted with tip 1 M. Pipe cream on parfaits garnish with mint leaves. See photo. Serve it up Sassy with Cream Wafers filled with lemon curd.
Cream Wafers Yield: 5 dozen
1 cup butter, softened, no substitutes
1/3 cup whipping cream, chilled
2 cups all purpose flour
• Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg batter on low speed.
• Pour batter into a disposable piping bag with no tip, just clip end to ¼". This will help you pour batter into small molds of pan. Fill pan 2/3 full.
• Bake 12-15 minutes or until cakes spring back with touched.
• When cool, place in serving dishes, top with fresh peaches and whipped cream. Garnish with small mint leaf if desired. See Sweets photo insert for presentation.
200 South Parker Street, Tampa, FL 33606
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.