A St. Petersburg woman arrived home from an early morning shopping trip to discover her house, in flames.
The home is located on 12th Street north, near 60th Avenue, in St. Petersburg. The damage is extensive.
The home owner admits, she's a hoarder, and said she had all of her late mother's and brother's possessions stored in her house.
More important, though, were the four-footed members of her family inside. Nine of the woman's ten dogs died from smoke inhalation. Firefighters managed to rescue the tenth dog.
It's still too soon to know what caused this fire, but firefighters say you should use extra caution this time of year with extension cords, candles, and with all that extra cooking in the kitchen.
200 South Parker Street, Tampa, FL 33606
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.