Woman, 3-year-old child escape house fire in Clearwater - WFLA News Channel 8

Woman, 3-year-old child escape house fire in Clearwater

Posted: Updated:

Fire investigators in Clearwater believe a faulty water heater is to blame for a fire that left a woman and child homeless.

Neighbors noticed the flames, just before 10 this morning, at the home at 1308 Madison Avenue North in Clearwater. The neighbors awakened the woman, who was able to escape with her 3-year-old child.

Firefighters spent 10 minutes bringing the fire under control. Damages are estimated at $17,000. A second unit suffered smoke damage.

The Red Cross will now assist the woman and child. They were not injured.

Powered by WorldNow

200 South Parker Street, Tampa, FL 33606

Telephone: 813.228.8888
Fax: 813.225.2770
Email: news@wfla.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.