TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) -- The fireball that fell from the sky this week was incredible and viewers are still sending in the footage.
The fireball lit up the sky on November 21, 2016, around 11:15 p.m.
Tom Higgins, who lives in Charlotte County, captured the incident on one of his security cameras and shared the video with WFLA News Channel 8.
Higgins said the camera faces eastward in the Village of Old Englewood and it is set to detect motion. Even though it didn't record the physical fireball, it did capture the resulting flash of light.
"By the flash and shadows, it must have been traveling from east to west toward the Gulf which is directly behind us," Higgins said.
Do you have footage you want to share with us? Tag us on Facebook here.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz's brother arrested for trespassing at Stoneman Douglas HS
- Macy's plans to let shoppers use app to skip sales clerk
- Clearwater Fire Department payroll mistakes cost taxpayers $218K
- OSHA, Tampa police investigate accident that claimed Cirque performer's life